Learn how to prepare for birth and recovery postpartum with your pre + postnatal coaches. There is a lot of information out there and I wanted to help bring awareness, educate and empower women so they can make the best decisions for their bodies!
Where did this all start?
Several years ago, my girlfriends and clients convinced me to start this blog all about prenatal exercise. They believed that my style of teaching needed to be experienced in mainstream fitness.
Little did I know that that push would lead me to where I'm at today: in an online space where I'm able to provide women with a prenatal membership, a postpartum recovery program and even an instructor course.
So...I think it's safe to say that I have helped
of women prepare their bodies for pregnancy, birth and postpartum recovery. I've also inspired others to do the same through teaching this way of training.
This is where Annie comes in
Annie joined my Knocked-Up Fitness team in 2015 with the eagerness to
women during their pregnancy journey.
As you will learn from tuning into our conversation, is that the pregnancy journey starts
you are pregnant.
Society tends to segment out preparing your body for pregnancy, pregnancy itself and postpartum recovery.
Annie and I believe that they are all intertwined.
Here's how we're breaking it down:
- Things to do to prepare your body for pregnancy BEFORE you're pregnant. (3:57)
- What to do now that you're pregnant. (8:37)
- Working on prevention of body dysfunctions for a smoother postpartum recovery. (13:29)
- How Kegels are causing your pelvic floor to be too tight... and that's a big no-no. (16:03)
- What you do during pregnancy affects how your birth goes (even for c-sections). (19:37)
- Annie and I's first birth experiences and what we learned. (23:27)
- How Annie wants you to think about labor and delivery. (29:38)
It's never too late to take care of your body or implement any of the things Annie and I discussed. If you've been feeling tired, stressed and overwhelmed while still wanting a prepped body for birth, you're going to want to join us in our prenatal membership. Join >>
\<\< and let's start getting your pelvic floor ready for the delivery room!